Calling all higher education students in Utah! AIGA Salt Lake City’s annual Student Portfolio Review is right around the corner, and it will be returning to an in-person event this year!
After two years of online reviews, we are excited to allow guests from all over Utah to come together for this event once again to network and see all the up-and-coming talent our state has to offer. For the students, this is a unique opportunity to receive face-to-face feedback about their portfolios and gain valuable advice, insight, and industry information from some of the top creative professionals in our local design community.
The event will be held on Saturday, April 16th at the Entrata building in Lehi. The event will be broken into two sessions—a morning session and an afternoon—to accommodate as many students/guests as possible from around the state. So please join us!
All general admission guests will have access to view the student portfolios during both sessions (morning and/or afternoon). They will be able to walk around and meet the presenting students, converse with them and other guests, and view the open portfolios during this time.
All presenting students will given space to openly display their portfolio during their chosen session (morning or afternoon only). These students will also be assigned times during the session to meet one-on-one with a number of different design professionals to discuss their portfolio and receive invaluable feedback. Students will also have time during their session to meet other students and general admission guests.
Between sessions, all presenting students are invited to attend a panel discussion* of various Utah professionals who will share their insights about working in the design industry in Utah, what they look for when viewing portfolios and choosing qualified candidates, and other helpful information.
*Due to capacity limits, only presenting students and reviewers will have access to the panel discussion. General admission guests who attend the morning session will need to leave the venue during the break between sessions while the panel discussion takes place, but are encouraged to return for the open portfolio viewing during the afternoon session.
- 9:30–10 a.m. - Morning students arrive and set up for morning session
- 10 a.m.–12 p.m. - Morning session: Open portfolio viewing for all General Admission guests + one-on-one student reviews.
- 12 p.m. - Morning session ends.
- 12–12:30 p.m. - General Admission guests leave. Afternoon students arrive.
- 12:30–1:30 p.m. - Panel discussion and Q&A for both Morning & Afternoon students.
- 1:30–2 p.m. - Morning students leave. Afternoon students set up for afternoon session. General Admission guests arrive/return.
- 2–4 p.m. - Afternoon session: Open portfolio viewing for all General Admission guests + one-on-one student reviews.
- 4 p.m. - Afternoon session ends.
- Amanda Boshard | Creative Director - Sans Serif
- Jared Strain | Creative Director/Co-Founder - Super Top Secret
- Kesia Nielsen | Co-Founder - The Keen Agency
- Landon Larsen | Product Design Manager - Podium
- Seth Davis | Creative Director - Entrata