Getting inspired about design isn’t just about listening to lectures, sometimes design inspiration can come from the outdoors. And what better inspiration than a hike with fellow designers? Join us at our first Hang, Hike and BBQ, and you'll be able to start your day off with a hike, visit with other local designers all while enjoying some delicious barbecue afterwards.
Let’s enjoy the beauty Utah has to offer and take a hike in the stunning Wasatch National Forest. The Terraces-Elbow Fork Trail is really easy for everyone and not too strenuous. All levels of experience, age and fitness are welcome for the hike. Seriously, we’ll take it easy. After all, this is about enjoying the outdoors, having a good conversation and connecting with a fellow creative. That's you.
After the hike, we’ll meet back at the Archibald Gardner group site to enjoy hamburgers, hot dogs (we’ll have vegetarian options) and some delicious picnic sides and drinks. What better way to say farewell to summer than spending time in the outdoors?
- Sign up by registering via Eventbrite (there’s only 50 spots available!).
- Meet us on Saturday morning, September 10, 10 a.m. at the Archibald Gardner group site in the Terraces Picnic Area. Located 3.8 miles past the fee station on the right side of the road.
- Mill Creek Canyon - East on 3800 South (Mill Creek Canyon Road) from 3500 East (Wasatch Blvd.), Wasatch National Forest
- Mill Creek user fee is $3/per car or a $40/yearly pass - when leaving the canyon. Don’t forget cash, and we encourage carpooling!
- Please wear good shoes and remember that you hike on your own risk.
When: September 10th | 10AM - 3PM
Where: Mill Creek Canyon | Terraces Picnic Area | Archibald Gardner Group Site
Pricing: Free for all to attend (only 50 spots available) **Bring your AIGA Membership ID to get free Hot Dogs and Hamburgers!**